Strengthen outreach and recruiting to attract broader range of candidates for staff positions
Dartmouth will strengthen its outreach and recruiting practices to reach a broader range of candidates for staff positions, and partner with other organizations to create strong pipelines for diverse candidates.
The Office of Human Resources participates in the National Conference on Race & Ethnicity in American Higher Education (NCORE). (The most recent NCORE conference was in May 2016, and the next is scheduled for June 2017).
Dartmouth maintains memberships with the following diversity recruitment organizations:
- American Association of Blacks in Higher Education
- Association of Latino Professionals for America
- The National Association of Asian American Professionals
- National Black MBA Association
These organizations are helping to expand our networks for advertising and recruitment.
The Office of Human Resources has built a Talent Aquisition Team that partners with hiring officers across the institution to help them in finding qualified and diverse candidates for their positions. Though Human Resources, Dartmouth holds memberships in the following organizations:
- American Association of Blacks in Higher Education (AABHE)
- Association of Latino Professionals for America (ALPFA)
- The National Association of Asian American Professionals (NAAAP)
- National Black MBA Association (NBMBAA)
Additionally, Talent Aquisition Staff have attended the National Conference on Race and Ethnicity in American Higher Education (NCORE).
In 2016, Dartmouth hosted the African American Women in Higher Education conference, and regualarly sends cross-divisional teams to diversity hiring conferences, two approaches to raising awareness of Dartmouth in diverse professional organizations.